The word is that Bioware will be releasing a new DLC titled “Earth” for Mass Effect 3 multiplayer. It will be released on July 17 for the Xbox 360, but other than that no other information has been given. If this pack is anything like the Resurgence and Rebellion packs then we can assume it will bring new characters, weapons, and maps to the playing field.
Good news is that it’s free, Bioware is still loving their fans and releasing free DLC for us to enjoy. This information all came from Major Nelson, and check out that link for information on other items coming to the Xbox Live Marketplace soon.
There is still no information on when the DLC will be released on other platforms.
The content will be released on July 17 for PS3, Xbox 360, and Origin. The content will include:
- 3 new maps – Firebase Rio, Firebase Vancouver, Firebase London
- New N7 playable characters - N7 Demolisher Engineer, N7 Destroyer Soldier, N7 Fury Adept, N7 Sentinel Paladin, N7 Shadow Infiltrator and N7 Slayer Vanguard.
- New weapons - N7 Piranha Shotgun, N7 Typhoon Assault Rifle and Acolyte Pistol.
- New upgrades - 12 new modifications, 11 unique upgrades.
- New “Platinum” difficulty – A step above Gold difficulty.
- New in-mission objective – “Randomly occurring during waves 3, 6 and 10, this new objective will challenge teams to keep a targeted agent alive by protecting and escorting them to a designated extraction zone on each map.”