About the Blog:
I’m the creator of linksaveszelda.com and since I run the blog alone I am also the only writer. Pretty much everything you read here is written up by me, unless I’ve stated otherwise. That being said, all of the opinions I express are indeed my own. Writing has been a little passion of mine for a while and I’ve always enjoyed it.
I came up with the idea for this blog overnight last year and it has been so much more than I could have ever hoped for. I used to write a lot of news-type articles but I shifted more into the editorial scene awhile back. My articles and reviews are all my own. I come up with the ideas for my articles at random and the reviews are all based on my personal gameplay experiences. It’s a pretty simple little blog really, all about my favorite hobby – gaming.
About my Gaming History:
I’ve been gaming for an awful long time, probably since I could hold a controller in my hands and press the buttons. I think my first game was Super Mario Bros. on the NES but really remember the early classics like Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past and Super Mario Bros. World. I play a variety of games these days, typically anything in the action/adventure and shooter genres interest me. I also like the occasional RPG (mostly favoring the Action RPG sub genre) and indie titles.
As you can probably guess from my handle I’m rather fond of the Tomb Raider series but I also have a soft spot for the Mass Effect and Bioshock series’. Obviously I like more that just those three but if I name every game I love we will be here all day. I will give pretty much anything a shot as I am very open-minded and optimistic when it comes to gaming.
Nowadays I play mostly on the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4, but I also have a PlayStation Vita, an Xbox 360, and a gaming PC. I also have my old Nintendo 64 is still hooked up and working, which is rad. I stream video games, both old and new, and it’s tons of fun. It’s very relaxed and almost like a hangout spot where I can chat with friends while playing a game for them to watch.
I’ve recently began building up quite a collection of game related memorabilia as well as games themselves. I do not sell my games, so I have been accruing them for a while now which puts me in a bit of a ‘more games than I have space for’ debacle as of late. I have a good little collection of game character action figures such as a Play Arts Kai Garrus Vakarian and a Final Fantasy VII set of 5 (with more to come). I also have a few video game art books, including the Alice Madness Returns art book and the Mass Effect Universe art book. I like to buy the collectors edition of certain games for the cool statues and stuff that they come with.
- I am 24 years old
- I live in California, USA
- I am in a very committed relationship
- I’m a feminist
- I dislike politics
- I am an atheist
- I like cosplaying and going to conventions
- I plan on becoming a clinical psychologist
- I like to read. A few of my favorite books are The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins, Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones, and Bioshock: Rapture by John Shirley
- My favorite animes are Blood+, Wolf’s Rain, Nana, and Sailor Moon
- My top 3 bands are Rammstein, Chevelle, and ASHES dIVIDE. Metal and rock are my favorite genres, I also like classical, 50′s-60′s music, and jazz
- My favorite TV shows are Firefly, The Walking Dead, Star Trek (TNG and DS9), It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Futurama, and Once Upon A Time
- I’m mostly drawn to sci-fi and fantasy movies (like Lord of the Rings and Star Wars) but I also like most action movies. Really anything but cliché rom-coms and horror movies have the potential to catch my eye