Today Bioware announced the final two DLC’s to be released for Mass Effect 3: the Citadel Single Player DLC and the Reckoning Multiplayer DLC. Bioware started their blog post by saying; They say that parting is such sweet sorrow, but … Continue reading
It’s obviously no secret that EA publishes both the Mass Effect series and the Dead Space series, and they are planning on giving Dead Space 3 players a little taste of Mass Effect 3 now. As a bonus to loyal … Continue reading
Today marks the last day of the 25 Days of Favorites, and it’s one of the bigger pieces. Quite an awful lot of great games came out this year, but only one can be a persons favorite. I had to … Continue reading
The time has come for me to share my favorite game series with you all. Aren’t you excited? Well I am, so get there! Anyhow, I picked this series for what I hope are obvious reasons, I mean I will … Continue reading
The newest Mass Effect 3 campaign DLC is coming out tomorrow, November 27 on the Xbox 360, PC, and PlayStation 3 for 1200 MSP ($14.99). Are you ready? The DLC is all about the infamous Aria T’Loak and her mission … Continue reading
More details have been released in regards to the upcoming Mass Effect 3 DLC titled “Omega”. “Omega” focuses on Aria T’Loak and her plans to retake the Omega station from the hands of Cerberus. Bioware posted this message on their blog in reference to … Continue reading
A new multiplayer content pack has been announced for Mass Effect 3 called the “Retaliation Pack“. The pack involves the Collectors and they will be available as a new enemy to face in Mass Effect 3‘s multiplayer mode. There’s more to it than that though, below are the details:
- New “Hazard” Versions of Existing Maps – Wage war across six maps as a regular rotation of Firebases will be introduced to different hazards and traps. Survive the onslaught of Acid, Lightening, Meltdowns, Sandstorms, Swarms and Whiteouts!
- New Deadly Enemy Faction – Prepare to face off against the Collector Praetorian, Scion, Abomination, Trooper, and Captain. Reports have also come in that Cerberus has enlisted the Dragoon to their ranks and the Geth are deploying new Drones to the battlefield.
- New Unlockable Weapons – The Collectors have also brought deadly new weapons to the fight: the Collector Assault Rifle, Sub-Machine Gun, and Sniper Rifle. Unlock these weapons and new equipment upgrades to build to your arsenal.
- New Class Kits to Unlock – A host of new characters have joined the war to fight this new threat, including the Turian Havoc Soldier and Turian Ghost Infiltrator. Additional class kits will be added as the weeks progress.
- New Powerful Upgrades – Outfit your weapons with three new ammo modifications and fortify your gear with five unique upgrades to defeat even the toughest foes.
- New Multiplayer Challenge Feature – Think you are the best soldier in the Alliance? Make sure to track your progress in the new “Challenges” database. Complete various multiplayer assignments and feats of strength to unlock titles and banners to display in-game, and then compare your progress against your friends.
The Retaliation Pack will be available to download for free on October 9 in North America and October 10 in Europe on the Xbox 360, Origin, and the PlayStation Network.
Doctors Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk, founders of the major game developing company Bioware, have announced their retirement. This is obviously leaves fan wondering what will be the future of BioWare? Aaryn Flynn, General Manager of BioWare Edmonton and Montreal, assures us that this is not the end of the company. Fans have a lot to look forward to, and there is much more to come from the company.
Yesterday’s announcement of Dragon Age 3: Inquisition is not to go unheeded. The third game in the Dragon Age series was announced yesterday. Flynn writes:
“Yesterday, we announced that BioWare is now developing the next chapter of the Dragon Age series. Executive Producer Mark Darrah and our teams have been meeting with fans about what they want in a new Dragon Age game. I love spending time with the Dragon Age team as they work on Inquisition. The thought-provoking discussions, the fun, and most of all, the discovery of what’s possible on a new engine is both exhilarating and humbling.”
As far as the Mass Effect series goes, a new game in the series has been confirmed as well as many more single-player an multiplayer DLC’s for Mass Effect 3. Flynn writes:
“Executive Producer Casey Hudson and his team are coming off an amazing eight-year run with the Mass Effect trilogy. But they’re not done yet. We are releasing more multiplayer content and we have more single-player stories coming throughout the next six months, including Omega which is coming in the Fall. But the Mass Effect universe is vast, and Casey and our teams have plans for another full game. “Where to go next?” with such a project has been a question a lot of us have been asking, and we’d all love to hear your ideas.”
There is more to expect from BioWare than sequels and DLC for existing titles, they are planning a new game series that is completely seperate from their previous series’. Flynn writes:
”Both Dragon Age and Mass Effect started as single games but grew into vast universes. But we aren’t stopping there. While Casey continues to oversee the development of our new Mass Effect project, he and his leads are putting together their vision for an all new game set in a fictional universe, built from the bottom-up with all new gaming technology.”
So there you have it. BioWare is not finished, fans have a lot to look forward to. More Dragon Age, Mass Effect, and even a new title. I wish the best for the company and cannot wait to see what is in store for us!
There are those moments, scenes, and scenarios on video games that you know you will never forget. Those times when you try to tell yourself it’s just a game, but can’t seem to stifle the tears. Moments when you realize just how … Continue reading