I was recently nominated by the lovely simpleek for the Sunshine Blogger Award. This is quite the honor considering I just recently found out about these things, and I never thought I would be nominated! There are some simple rules to this award which I will go over, but first I’d like to express my gratitude for being nominated at all. Since I started this blog it has exceeded my wildest expectations ten fold. I never envisioned I would have so much fun and meet so many other awesome bloggers through linksaveszelda, so thank you to everyone who has made this experience so fantastic.
The rules of this award are as follows:
1. Use the award logo in a post and/or on your blog.
2. Include a link back to whoever nominated you.
3. Offer 10 pieces of random information about you.
4. Nominate ten other bloggers who ‘positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.
5. Let your nominees know about their much deserved award.
I have already accomplished some of these, as you can see the logo is already involved and I have linked simpleek (There, did it again since she deserves it!) since she is the awesome lass who nominated me in the first place!
Below you will see the 10 pieces of information about me. Some of this information may already be known, but hey, maybe it’s not. I will try to make it as random as possible. After that I will link my personal nominations for this award with the reasons why I wished to nominate them.
Random tidbits of information about me, LadyCroft3:
1. In high school I took 3 years of German language classes which led me to be involved in an exchange student program. I took in two separate German students on two separate occasions, they lived in my house for a month and basically went to school with me and experienced the typical American lifestyle. Then I was sent over to Germany to live with one of them for a month to experience the German lifestyle. Even though I was only 16 at the time, it was a ton of fun and I wouldn’t trade the experience for anything!
2. Most people are aware of my intense fear/hatred of spiders, but not everyone knows about my fear/hatred of other insects and creatures. I’m just as scared of scorpions as I am of spiders, if not more. I also freak out around most basic insects like earwigs and beetles. This fear goes beyond just being scared. I have panic attacks and sometimes get sick if I am around one of these things or think one is close by. Yet, strangely enough, I love snakes and plan on adopting one in the future.
3. I am really big into equal rights for the LBGT community and women. I believe that everyone should have the right to marry and be treated as a normal human being like everyone else, regardless of their sexual orientation. I also fight for equality among men and women and consider myself a feminist.
4. I have a weird problem with numbers. Now this one is one of the most embarrassing things about myself, and at first I was reluctant to share it, but I decided why the heck not. I don’t know why but my brain seems to have issues processing and remembering numbers. It’s so bad that I even have to second guess things like my own age and my boyfriend’s birthday/age. I have been brought to tears and emotional breakdowns by this problem and really just want to understand it. I’m not sure why it happens, but it does explain why I have always been so awful at math in school.
5. I have mild OCD, like most people do, but I am mostly fixated on the O portion. I am obsessive about things like cleanliness and organization and need to keep my living space clean and organized at all times. This spills over in my work space too, which can get rather annoying. I also have to check that my car is locked at least twice before leaving its vicinity and constantly double-check door locks as well as my alarm clock. None of this pairs very well with my intense anxiety either, but that’s life.
6. I love traveling. Whether it’s to Europe (as mentioned in #1) or just to the coast or another state. I love to take day trips as well as overnight trips, I just find it to be exhilarating and refreshing to get away from my day-to-day surroundings every so often. I don’t really care to be alone though, I like to go with my family or with my boyfriend. It’s just so much fun to go on an adventure with those you care about.
7. I am very close with my family. I have lived at home my whole life (I’m 23) and couldn’t be happier. Growing up I saw a lot of kids that were so ready to get out of their house as soon as they turned 18, but for me I was very content to stay at home. I like to hang out with mt parents and my brother and tend to find it more entertaining that going out with friends. Maybe that because I don’t have many friends, but regardless I love spending time with my family. When I do move out I don’t plan on going too far, I still want to come home whenever I want for some family time.
8. My Neighbor Totoro is one of my all time favorite movies. My brother and I used to watch it constantly when we were growing up and because of that it’s always held a special place in my heart. To this day I still watch it when I am feeling down or sad and it never fails to cheer me up. I also have a Totoro plush doll in my room with my other collectibles, though at the moment he is wearing a Dovahkiin hat.
9. I like singing. I like to sing in the car, in the shower, around my room, while playing games, and pretty much everywhere else. I really enjoy it and have even considered taking vocal lessons at some point.
10. Growing up I wanted to be a veterinarian, since I love animals so much. My local vet office used to have a program in which kids could work with the veterinarian for a day and see what the job is all about. I decided to enroll, I thought it would be a lot of fun. Well, it was a lot of fun but I quickly learned that I wasn’t cut out for it. I was allowed to watch as they preformed a spaying on cat. As soon as they cut the skin with the scalpel I nearly passed out and almost vomited. Now, I plan on going into law enforcement. Much less surgery and blood and all that jazz.
Now that the 10 random things about me portion is past, it’s on to the nominations! These nominations are given by me to the bloggers whom I find to have outrageous amounts of talent and great writing styles. Also, these folks are just awesome people and deserve to be recognized for their hard work and dedication!
- Phoenix Down
- Disk Read Error
- Recollections of Play
- Cheese Toastie
- Wrong Button Blog
- The Chindividual
- A Guide To Geekdom
- JTM GAMES
- Pixel Bubble
I realize that some of these awesome bloggers have already been nominated for this award, but they still deserve this nomination! If you aren’t already following these blogs, please do so. You wont regret it.
Thanks again for this honorable nomination! I hope I have been a good host for this award. I’ll be getting back to my usual game related blogging now, thanks for stopping by.